Thursday, April 12, 2012

And so it begins...

A few months ago (I'm guessing), my best friend and I agreed to come up with a "bucket list" of sorts of things to accomplish/do/overcome/conquer before we turn 30 years old.  On August 18, 2013, I'll be turning the big 3-0 and I want to make sure that this last year of my 20's is something to smile about.

Most people don't want to think about turning 30.  Most women consider it the tipping point where their biological clock begins to pound rather than tick, and their bodies go from being their pride and joy to being their most hated image.  I refuse to go out like that.  My list will be about celebration and rejuvenation.  I want to give praise to the greatness of God and clear out the emotions/mindsets/people that may be holding me back from experiencing everything that God has for my life.

So here are my rules with this list:
1) No excuses.
2) To blog openly about the experience (good, bad or ugly)
3) To be open, even when I get scared

Who knows who will be reading this but if you come across it, please leave a note.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Great list! Come hiking with me in Maine - check! We can do that next year. Rent a car/drive up there and crash on my cousin's couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes :) Wanna run a trail race??

    ReplyDelete